Career Essentials: Adult Learner Experiences course
SkillsUSA Career Essentials: Experiences builds upon the life experiences of adult learners to help develop personal, workplace and technical skills. This course fits adults’ lifestyles and schedules while advancing their transferable employability skills — no matter their occupational area.
- Designed for learners age 20 and older
- Course includes five workplace-based units and a Capstone authentic assessment unit, where learners develop a career readiness portfolio and interview materials and skills
- All units are project-based in design, and include instructor guides, learner instruction sheets, e-learning modules, pre- and post-tests, and scoring rubrics
- Includes formative and summative assessments in each unit
- May be taught synchronously or asynchronously in an online environment, face-to-face, or a hybrid approach — and may use differentiation of strategy and pacing
- Learning events and units build sequentially to scaffold learning
- Activities are mobile-responsive and available on smartphones, tablets and computers; they are accessible to learners with disabilities
E-badges are earned following successful completion of each unit. Learners earn the Career Essentials credential, when course and post-assessment are passed at 80%.