SkillsUSA Career Essentials adult learner curriculum
SkillsUSA Career Essentials adult learner curriculum builds upon the life experiences of adult learners ages 20 and older to help develop personal, workplace and technical skills. This course fits adults’ lifestyles and schedules while advancing their transferable employability skills — no matter their occupational area.
- Designed for learners age 20 and older.
- Course includes five workplace-based units and a Capstone authentic assessment unit, where learners develop a career- readiness portfolio and interview materials and skills.
- All units are project-based in design, and include instructor guides, learner instruction sheets, e-learning modules, pre- and post-tests, and scoring rubrics.
- Includes formative and summative assessments in each unit.
- May be taught synchronously or asynchronously in an online environment, face-to-face, or a hybrid approach — and may use differentiation of strategy and pacing.
- Learning events and units build sequentially to scaffold learning.
- Activities are mobile-responsive and available on smartphones, tablets and computers; they are accessible to learners with disabilities
E-badges are earned following successful completion of each unit. Learners earn the Career Essentials credential, when course and post-assessment are passed at 80% or above.