Implement Career-Readiness Skills
Working together in teams, understanding leadership, communicating clearly and demonstrating integrity are required in any career. However, these skills haven’t been easy to teach — until now. SkillsUSA Career Essentials: Experiences is the next generation of employability skill-building curricula developed for today’s students. SkillsUSA Career Essentials: Experiences curricula have everything you need to give your students what they need to be career-ready.
SkillsUSA Career Essentials: Experiences curricula
- are designed with the best practices of project-based learning
- equip teachers with high-quality skill development resources and advances the impact of the SkillsUSA Framework
- address multiple Essential Elements, so students can understand the skills they are building and how employability skills function together to create a career-ready individual
- include online and offline learning events: a pre- and post-test, an instructor-led kickoff, e-learning modules addressing career readiness content and activities that contribute to project completion
- include a built-in grading and badging system.
- engage students in implementing the Essential Elements through contextualized learning applied to real-life and real-work situations.
The Experiences exist in four curriculum courses
- Exploratory course (ages 12 – 14)
- Fundamental course (ages 14 – 16)
- Advanced course (ages 17 – 19)
- Adult Learner course (ages 20+)