Career Essentials: Advanced Experiences course
The advanced Experiences course provides students with a meaningful, engaging mix of independent and group-based activities that promote reflection, critical reasoning, self-awareness and growth in personal, workplace and technical skills. The advanced course is designed to be flexible to meet the needs of students exploring careers in all fields or occupational areas.
- Designed for students ages 17-19
- Course includes five workplace-based units and a Capstone authentic assessment unit, where learners develop a career readiness portfolio and interview materials and skills
- All units were created using project-based learning design best practices and include a 30-minute instructor-led kickoff, student instruction sheets, instructor guides, online e-learning events, offline learning events, a pre- and post-test, and scoring rubrics
- Includes formative and summative assessments in each unit
- May be taught synchronously or asynchronously in an online environment, face-to-face, or in a hybrid approach, with individualized and differentiated pacing opportunities
- Activities are mobile-responsive, so students can work on assignments using smartphones and tablets, and are accessible for students with disabilities
Students earn badges following successful completion of each Experience and the Career Essentials credential, when course and post-assessment are passed at 80%.